ADSM-L

RISC SERVER SPECIFICATIONS

2015-10-04 17:12:14
Subject: RISC SERVER SPECIFICATIONS
From: Mark Morrison [mailto:MORRISM1 AT CO.GWINNETT.GA DOT US]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I have been given a couple of days to come up with specifications for a RISC
based server system to run TSM  for a 100 + node network.  The clients are
NT/Win2K and NetWare. The system must talk to the StorageTek 9490 - Powder
Horn.  I figured that among all the TSMers out there that have working RISC
based systems  that someone would already have specifications that I could
quickly modify for my environment and then bid out.  I would also like to
know advantages and disadvantages for the different flavors of Unix and
vendors.  Also since I work for a local government keeping the price low is
a must.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Confidentiality Note: The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to whom or which it is addressed and may contain
dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in error,
please delete this material immediately.