ADSM-L

Re: EXT3 files

2002-01-30 11:33:08
Subject: Re: EXT3 files
From: Steve Roder <spr AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:26:11 -0500
On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, John Bremer wrote:

> Like with OS X many of us are waiting for EXT3 filesystem support....
>
> Maybe now that Lou is leaving the helm at IBM we will see more development
> in the Tivoli area.
>

> At 01:30 PM 1/29/02 -0500, you wrote:
> >I just installed 4.2.0.0 on a Linux86 box with 2.4.7-10 version.  I am
> >getting ANS1149E  No domain available for incremental backup.  According to
> >support this is due to a EXT3 journal file setup that is unsupported by the
> >current TSM version.  He said to convert to EXT2 or REISER FS.  I know
> >enough Linux to be dangerous, therefore my question is "Is there a version
> >of TSM client that does support EXT3 journal files systems?" and if so what
> >version?  Has anyone else experienced similar problems and what solution
> >did you have.
> >      Thank you in advance.

You can force them to back up by adding virtualmountpoint statements to
dsm.sys for them.

Steve Roder, University at Buffalo
HOD Service Coordinator
VM Systems Programmer
UNIX Systems Administrator (Solaris and AIX)
TSM/ADSM Administrator
(tkssteve AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564 |
http://ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu/~tkssteve)