ADSM-L

Re: Can't empty diskpool volumes!?!

2001-11-26 11:08:24
Subject: Re: Can't empty diskpool volumes!?!
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 10:55:56 -0500
I suspect there are many different database wounds that can cause this
problem, since many people have suggested different solutions.
If none of them work, here is my different solution.

Mark the volumes 'destroyed' and then do restore volume.
To mark them destroyed you have to vary them offline with the tsm 'vary'
command.  This is what worked for me.  Fortunately all the copypool
volumes were still onsite.  If the restore works the volumes will be deleted,
if it doesn't you can vary them back online and try something else.

--