ADSM-L

Re: Policy and expiration

2001-10-22 11:40:16
Subject: Re: Policy and expiration
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST-SWEDEN DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 17:32:17 +0200

Hi Patrick

TSM doesn't work that way. It works with expiration of data, but not tapes. What you could try is one of three things:

1.) Use only selective backups. This is not a good way to do it, because you will be transporting a lot of data at every backup occasion.

2.) Deleting the volume you wish to use as scratch, with the flag discard=yes.

3.) Setting the backup copygroup policysettings so that no file will be kept for  more than 20 days(you need to discard the data before checkin in the tapes.

I guess what you are trying to do is to check in the tapes with status scratch. Before doing this, one of the above has to been done.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman

-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 07uml;gen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

Patrick Sheehan <psheehan AT GLOBE DOT COM>