ADSM-L

Restoration of multiple directories through command line?

2001-09-12 23:59:47
Subject: Restoration of multiple directories through command line?
From: Eugene Awyong - Singapore <eawyong AT SAPL.SAMSUNG DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:03:09 +0800
Hi,

        Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong? I want to restore a total
of 3 directories. Would it be possible that I run it in one command? I have
tried the following but I dont think it works 'cos TSM probably thinks i
want to do a restore to an alternative directory.

#> dsmc restore "/oracle/stage/" "/sapmnt/SA2/" "/oracle/SA2/sapreorg/"
-subdir=yes -inactive -pitd=09/02/01
#> dsmc restore /oracle/stage/ /sapmnt/SA2/ /oracle/SA2/sapreorg/
#> dsmc restore /oracle/stage/ /sapmnt/SA2/ /oracle/SA2/sapreorg/
-subdir=yes -inactive -pitd=09/02/01
        Both commands do not work, what would be wrong with this command if
        Both commands do not work, what would be wrong with this command if
I want to restore all 3 directories + subdirectories in a go? Would it also
be possible to run the command in 'quiet' mode? I have tried doing it but it
doesn't seem to recognise the quiet command.

        I need to do a test restore of my entire full filesystem backup on
the 09/02/01 (want to leave out restoration of rootvg though), so I'm trying
to restore all my data in the mount points all at a go

Would appreciate your reply very much.

Best Regards