ADSM-L

Have you heard this before: make them all ReadOnly and start over ...

2001-08-16 19:27:46
Subject: Have you heard this before: make them all ReadOnly and start over ...
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:28:32 -0700
Listers!!:

THe end note of my migration / conversion from a 3466-C00 w/3.7.2 to a
3466-C01 with 4.1.3 was that none of the original tapes coming from the
3.7.2 system could be opened in read/write mode on the 4.1.3 system and
had to have access permanently set to READONLY.

Now I have to do a migration to recover the writeable use of thse tapes.

 THis sounds a lot like the 3590 B heads to E heads procedure. BUT BUT BUT
BUT .... I never had B head drives. All my (2) drives are E1A's in a 3494
and THEY didn't change with the changing of 3466's.

Has anybody heard of this before when it wasn't upgradin 3590 drives
from B1As to E1As??????????

thanks ... joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley
Private mail on any topic should be directed to :
   joef AT socrates.berkeley DOT edu