ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/TSM

2001-06-05 18:10:52
Subject: Re: ADSM/TSM
From: Michael Oski <moski AT APPLE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 15:14:33 -0700
Yes, I do it regularly now that we're building out a new DR site. The
things to do are:

1) dsmfmt new DB and Log volumes on the new AIX system
2) start dsmserv with the format option (specifying new log and db
volumes)
3) start dsmserv restore db (specifying parameters as necessary to
restore your 3.1x db)
4) start dsmserv upgradedb (to upgrade the restore db to 4.1x datasets)
5) start dsmserv normally to process

That's all there is to it.

MO