ADSM-L

Ramifications of Delete Volume as pertains to next backup cycle.

2001-04-27 10:24:45
Subject: Ramifications of Delete Volume as pertains to next backup cycle.
From: Alan Davenport <alan.davenport AT SELECTIVE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:20:53 -0400
I have a question regarding what happens after a "DELETE VOL XXXXX
DISCARD=YES" is issued. It is not about what happens to the data on the
tape. I realize that the data is then gone with no chance of recovery.
My question is what does *SM do during the next backup cycle. Will *SM
see the files that were previously backed up on the tape as new files on
the client and then back them up again?

  Thank you,
      Al