ADSM-L

Re: event viewer reporting.

2001-03-27 12:13:45
Subject: Re: event viewer reporting.
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:15:04 -0600
Ofer Nachom wrote:
> I gut TSM ver 4.2.1 on Win2000. There is no problem with the system or
> the TSM.
> my problem is like that. every  time a client can't backup a file for
> any reason, the NT record it in the event viewers as an error( with the
> red
> color). after a wile the event viewer have hundreds of those errors, so
> wen I rely have a  problem I can't fined it.
> can I tell TSM to record those events as a warning ( with the blue
> color)?.

If you'll look carefully at the initial client setup, you have the
opportunity to record (the default) or not record events in the log. If
you'll uncheck the option, this behavior will stop. Also, if you have
that many files that fail backup, you may need to review your
include/exclude to whittle the list down.