ADSM-L

Re: Window Client - Time Change bug

2001-02-27 18:05:24
Subject: Re: Window Client - Time Change bug
From: Len Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 17:36:53 EST
In article <3A9BA00C.28960.4360E77@localhost>, "Wayne T. Smith"
<ADSM AT MAINE DOT EDU>
says:

>Which Windows client to distribute/install?
>
>I've been waiting and looking and waiting and looking for *many*
>months.  If one seems just right, either you haven't looked at its known
>problems, or a killer problem will appear tomorrow, or you live with
>warts on a particular machine.

Hello Wayne

I Think that 4.1.1 is most likely the best one at this time. That is
the fixtest for 4.1.1 which is 4.1.1.16. I have found that the fixtests
appear to work better then the releases with the windows nt client.

I wonder if the fix for 4.1.2 will include the promised rewrite
of the client to handle machines with multiple code-pages/sets in use?

The most stable client over time seems to have been the 2.1.6g fixtest,
but this abends once in while and I suspect would not work on windows
2000.

len