ADSM-L

Re: I/O Error at End-of-Volume

2000-12-18 12:07:40
Subject: Re: I/O Error at End-of-Volume
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 12:07:09 -0500
>This is a known isssue, and has been corrected at the latest levels of 3.7
>and 4.1
>
>Keith Davey

Keith - I had a look at the 4.1.2 README for the Windows server and, using
        all obvious keywords, could not find mention of this problem having
been resolved.  It is very problematic for customers to be able to determine
if fixes are available for problems they are encountering.  It would be of
mutual advantage if Tivoli could institute a ready means by which customers
could perform lookups somewhere to see if known problems are resolved in
available software.  This is the kind of information that should be readily
found in READMEs, but I've repeatedly found that it is not, as though the
READMEs only reflect a subset of APARs, or that fixes are being made without
APAR formalization.
  thanks,  Richard Sims, BU