ADSM-L

Re: V2 archives retrievable in v3.7?

2000-12-12 11:33:10
Subject: Re: V2 archives retrievable in v3.7?
From: Keith Davey <kdavey AT GUS33.HOMEIP DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 09:14:41 -0700
That is correct.  New TSM clients add extended table entries to the TSM
Server DB that prohibit earlier clients from restoring data with thoughs
changes.  However the TSM client does not have to reprocess any of the
older data.  It is recommened that you test a new client release prior to
moving it into a production environment.  Just to be sure that no problems
creep up in your unique environment.

Keith Davey
Tivoli Systems