ADSM-L

Re: Recommended ADSM hardware

2000-07-28 13:05:23
Subject: Re: Recommended ADSM hardware
From: Don Ricetti <ricettid AT AQUATECH DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 13:05:23 -0400
Currently I am utilizing a AIT tape library system from Cybernetics. The
small stacker holds 15 AIT/AIT 2 tapes. This is a dual drive unit (Sony
SDX-300)which allows both drives to work together or independent. In a NT4
server with a PCI F/W SCSI controller I average about 30gb per hour thruput.
This is my second AIT drive, which is also still in use on another Domain
and I have not had any problem with them, just the software. Tech support is
also very helpful. The Tape sbusystems also have the blessing of IBM if that
is important.

>  Hello All,
>
>  I am tasked with the responsibility of developing a proposal for a new
ADSM