ADSM-L

Re: Incremental of new NT client from old OS2 client

2000-04-26 12:01:36
Subject: Re: Incremental of new NT client from old OS2 client
From: Nick Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 12:01:36 -0400
Craig,

Are you going from OS/2-HPFS (or HPFS386) to NT-NTFS?  If so, the EA's are
handled differently by the filesystem, and you'll end up with the files
being "changed."  If both filesystems were FAT, this wouldn't happen.  I
believe that OS/2 FAT to NT-NTFS would be OK, but converting the HPFS
partition to FAT (with a program like Partition Magic) may result in the
loss of data.  And if it's HPFS386, I don't think you can convert to FAT.

I hope that helps on the explaination side, but I think you're stuck with a
"Full" backup.

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

"I'm one cookie away from happy." - Snoopy (Charles Schulz)