ADSM-L

Re: How to Query on Date of Last Backup with SQL

2000-04-10 04:51:55
Subject: Re: How to Query on Date of Last Backup with SQL
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 10:51:55 +0200
Hello,

how do you take care of selective backups? They are not reflected in the
"date of last backup" field. So, additionally to what has been suggested
by Phil Bone, I usually verify that there are no younger backups in the
filespace by looking through the backups table:

select min(days(current_timestamp)-days(backup_date))  -
  from backups where node_name='$1' and filespace_name='$2'

This query is expensive, so I only do it for those candidates determined
by Phil Bone's query. If you can ignore selective backups (e.g. because of
your service level aggreements), fine. In my case, I detected several
filespaces containing actual backups which otherwise would have been
deleted.

--
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet