ADSM-L

Re: GUI client on Solaris system

1999-09-27 17:21:11
Subject: Re: GUI client on Solaris system
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:21:11 -0400
This may be a server bug that is fixed in 3.1.2.30 & 40.

We needed to do a full point in time restore of a filesystem on a digital unix
box.
The user wanted to use the gui and got the dreaded 'preparing' also.
The session eventually timed out after 60 minutes of inactivity.
I knew about this bug already and had been waiting eagerly for the fix in 2.30.
But 2.30 arrived with a serious expiration bug.  Anyway, I put 2.30 on
despite the expiration bug, restarted the server and the restore.  It
immediately said 'waiting for files' and started sending files within a minute.

The bug was in the no query restore code.  you can either move up to 3.1.2.40
or disable NQR by doing an ordinary restore with 'show active and inactive'.

I don't remember the apar number, but you can see it in the anr3310 readme
if you receive the 3.1.2.40 ptfs.

--