ADSM-L

Re: Web Client Modified and Backup Time are 2 hours off

1999-05-27 14:56:52
Subject: Re: Web Client Modified and Backup Time are 2 hours off
From: "Bohnsack, JA James (6030)" <BohnsackJA AT GVL.ESYS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 13:56:52 -0500
It sounds as if something, either at the client or server end, has a time
offset from GMT (or whatever they call it now) but with the correct wall
clock time and the other end (server or client) has specified a time offset
as well, but two hours different.  I think the offset for CST is 5 hours
West.  If one end is correct and the other end had the offset two hours
different, you would see that, providing ADSM pays attention to GMT.  Some
software and perhaps ADSM as well, normalizes time stamps to a base time,
usually GMT.

Jim Bohnsack
Raytheon Systems Co.