ADSM-L

Re: Exabyte 230D Library with ADSM 3.1.2.20

1999-05-27 06:10:22
Subject: Re: Exabyte 230D Library with ADSM 3.1.2.20
From: Simon Ney <Simon.Ney AT BBISDN.ISDN.CS.TU-BERLIN DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 12:10:22 +0200
Hi,

I have the Exabyte 230D Library (1 Drive) on a Solaris 2.6 based ADSM.
The library runs in EXA-480 mode. I have no problems with put errors.
No cleaning tape available here.

Do you use barcodes ?

(
 )imon

> I am setting up a new ADSM server with an Exabyte 230D DLT Library (2
> Drives (70GB) + 30+1 Slots).  The ADSM Server is NT based and is running
> 3.1.2.20.
>
> The library seems to work pretty well (not as good as Magstar MP so far)
> but I have a couple of issues:
>
>    I am getting DAILY library changer errors mounting or dismounting tapes.
>    Once the error has occurred the library will not play until it has been
>    reset.  The drive shows mainly "put" errors.
>
>    I cannot work out how I should handle cleaning tapes with this library.
>    If I put a cleaning tape in the library and checkin search=yes/label
>    search=yes the library will try to mount the cleaning tape!  If I remove
>    the tape all is well.  If I then try to checkin the tape as per the
>    latest intellegence on SCSI Libraries and cleaning tapes in the ADSM
>    Server Release notes I received a message saying that the library is
>    FULL?????
>
> Can anybody shed any light on these problems or share any other experiences
> regarding ADSM with DLT Libraries (230D specifically or in general).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adrian

| Simon Ney, Bischofsweg 46 60598 Frankfurt/M Tel: ++49 69 68600055 |
| Simon Ney, Bischofsweg 46 60598 Frankfurt/M Tel: ++49 69 68600055 |
| Email Simon.Ney AT bbisdn.isdn.cs.tu-berlin DOT de Fax: ++49 69 68600052 |
| kstat finds too many cpus: should be 1                            |
| kstat finds too many cpus: should be 1                            |