ADSM-L

Re: Problem with IRIX 6.5 client

1999-05-17 10:50:25
Subject: Re: Problem with IRIX 6.5 client
From: Henk ten Have <hthta AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 16:50:25 +0200
On 14-May-99 Thomas A. La Porte wrote:
> Christian is correct. On Irix 6.5 the libdm.so libraries are a
> part of the eoe.sw.dmi package (HSM). Note that you presumably do
> *not* need these libraries installed if you do not intend to
> install the HSM component. I can't say for certain as we don't
> install the HSM component of ADSM, but we do install the
> eoe.sw.dmi package as part of our base Irix install.

  Just a warning: be carefull to use HSM on Irix 6.5, I'am still
  waiting for a IFIX that solves giant problems, actually, HSM
  doesn't work at all on Irix 6.5 (see also previous malings from
  me in the ADSM-archive). Actually, I'am waiting for this fix
  since 16 februari 1999 :-(

  Cheers,
  Henk ten Have.

  ps. IBM promised me today that this fix will be available next
      week...