ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:44:49
Hello Everyone. If you don't mind, I would like to pass on to you
our current procedure in administering and safeguarding our
ADSM database.

Daily events:
1.  From ~8:00pm to~ 5:am, we do our nightly backup.
2.  From ~5:am to ~9:30am, we run a script which
     performs daily administrative processes:
     ie: migration, offsite..etc.
3.  Full ADSM database backup after the daily admin processes.

4.  We currently don't have DRM installed.  So in addtion to the
     database backup, soon after it finish, from the same script in
     the admin processes, I create a copy of dbvolume.bk, devconfg.bk,
     dsm.opt, dsmserve.opt, logvolume.bk volhist.bk and then rcp these
     files unto a different system(control workstation).

Our ADSM database is setup as follows:
1.  The ADSM server 3.1.2.20 resides on a SP2 wide node running
     on AIX 4.3.2.
2.  The database is 10GB and currently 76.9% in "Max Pct Util".
3.  The log is 4GB and currently 27.4 % - it used to reach up to 80+%.
     It is now reduced since I've decreased the Event Record Retention
     Period from 14 days to 7 days.
4.  Log Mode is "RollForward".

The data portion of the database is mirrored 3 times:
  /adsmdb/db.vol01  /adsmdbm/dbm.vol01 /adsmdbmm/dbmm.vol01

The log portion is also mirrored 3 times:
/adsmdbm/rlog.vol1 /adsmdbm/rlogm.vol1 /adsmdbmm/rlogmm.vol1

What else should I do ensure full recovery of the database and the data
should it be necessary and to ensure I have a JOB the next day to go to?

Your input and comments are definitely welcome.

Aloha,
Angel Bugarin
Sprint/Hawaii

--openmail-part-0be8d027-00000001--