ADSM-L

Backup of Microsoft Cluster Server

1999-03-20 06:33:29
Subject: Backup of Microsoft Cluster Server
From: "Rupp Thomas (Illwerke)" <thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 12:33:29 +0100
Hi all,

we are getting our second M$ cluster server in the next few days.
As ADSM does not support a cluster server at the moment I
thought about the following solution to backup the nodes of the
cluster even after a takeover.
NODE1 consists of
        local drive C: labelled C-NODE1
        local drive E: labelled E-NODE1
        shared drive F: labelled F-CLUSTER
NODE2 consists of
        local drive C: labelled C-NODE2
                local drive E: labelled E-NODE2
                shared drive G: labelled G-CLUSTER
                shared drive Q: labelled Q-CLUSTER
DSM.OPT would look like:
NODE1:
        Nodename CLUSTER
        Domain C: E: F: G: Q:
        TCPCLIENTADDRESS x.x.x.x (unique node address)
NODE2:
        Nodename CLUSTER
        Domain C: E: F: G: Q:
        TCPCLIENTADDRESS x.x.x.x (unique node address)
If both nodes are running I could ignore the error messages for the
drives owned by the other node. If a takeover occurres ADSM would
automatically back up the shared drive of the other node.

Do you think there are any drawbacks to this approach? Any other
things to consider?

Thanks in advance and kind regards
Thomas Rupp
Vorarlberger Illwerke AG