ADSM-L

HELP!!! (MS SQL vs. ADSM Connect Agent fo MS SQL)

1999-03-15 04:16:36
Subject: HELP!!! (MS SQL vs. ADSM Connect Agent fo MS SQL)
From: "Michael L. Gimm" <mlg AT FOURLEAF DOT DK>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 10:16:36 +0100
Hi all

I've been swearing over the ADSM Connect Agent for MS SQL most of last
week.

It seems to get the full backups of the SQL perfectly, but when the times
comes for incremental or transaction-log backup the Agent
issues the following:

"...
03/11/1999 13:05:59,Backed up - msdb, type: LOG, size: 929415, actual
bytes: 0, secs: 0.00, Kb/Sec: 0.00, SQL server: SAPDB01, ADSM server:
c:\PROGRA~1\IBM\ADSM\agentsql\dsm, SQL status: DB-LIB message: BACKUP LOG
is not allowed while the trunc. log on chkpt. option is enabled. Use BACKUP
DATABASE or disable the option using sp_dboption.
, ADSM status: ADSM operation cancelled.
..."

Has anyone seen this before? Is it a bug? Please get back to me asap - I
just want a straight answer.

Thanks!

Best regards
Four Leaf Technologies A/S, Viby J.