ADSM-L

Re: Stop changing Sol clients

1998-12-18 05:03:46
Subject: Re: Stop changing Sol clients
From: Christian Bolik <bolik AT DE.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 10:03:46 +0000
David,

thanks for explaining your specific environment.
And there's no arguing that the history of ADSM's
internal Solaris package structure has been consistently
inconsistent.  Thanks for your complaint, we will
definitely be more careful with package changes in the
future.

Just a suggestion, if you've set up hundreds of scripts
to use /opt/IBMadsm-c/solaris for DSM_DIR, you could
probably do an "ln -s /opt/IBMadsm-c /opt/IBMadsm-c/solaris"
to not have to change them for ptf 6, couldn't you?
Well, I guess this depends on the number of clients
you have to do this on, but it could probably be automated
by some shell script doing rexec's/rsh's to the individual
client nodes, I would think.

If you'd like to discuss this further, please feel free
to send email directly to my address.

Best regards, and Happy Holidays (despite all the trouble)!

Christian Bolik
IBM SM IT Software Development ADSM, Mainz