ADSM-L

Solaris client getting setsockopt errno=132

1998-12-08 11:41:00
Subject: Solaris client getting setsockopt errno=132
From: "Michael R. Richard Jr." <Michael_Richard AT COMPUWARE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 11:41:00 -0500
     I have looked thru all the online .pdf manuals at IBM's site and can
     not find an explaination of this error I am getting on a Solaris 2.5.1
     machine that has ADSM v3.1.0.3 ptf3 IP21297. In the dsmerror.log file
     I have the following  :

     16:42:08 TcpOpen(): setsockopt failed on one or more options
     19:58:34 TcpOpen(): setsockopt(SO_SNDBUF): errno = 132
     19:58:34 TcpOpen(): setsockopt(SO_RCVBUF): errno = 132

     The dsm.sys and dsm.opt are as follows:
     SErvername  adsmsrv2
     COMMmethod         TCPip
     TCPPort            1500
     CHAngingretries       2
     COMMRESTARTDuration   0
     COMMRESTARTInterval   15
     COMPRESSIon           no
     DEFAULTServer         adsmsrv2
     EDITOR                yes
     ERRORLOGRetention     8 D
     MAXCMDRetries         2
     Passwordaccess        generate
     PASSWORDDIR           /usr/IBMadsm-c/password
     RETRYPeriod           1
     SCHEDLOGName          /usr/IBMadsm-c/dsmsched.log
     SCHEDLOGRetention     7
     DSCHEDMODe            PRompted
     TCPWindowsize         2048

     This client is going to a Sun 1000 server running Solaris 2.6 & ADSM
     v3.1.2.0. The dsmserv.opt file has the following settings : (all
     setting were made after looking at the tuning guide. I have never been
     able to back this machine up quickly at all best record is 13.3gb in
     32hrs I have to have something out of wack.

     COMMmethod TCPIP
     COMMmethod HTTP
     TCPPort 1500
     TCPWindowsize 64
     HTTPPort 1580
     BUFPoolsize 131072
     LOGPoolsize 8192
     TXNGroupmax 256
     MOVEBatchsize 1000       * This number came from the tuning guide
     MOVESizethresh 500

     Any help would be accepted I have not given up looking for it but
     thought I would turn to people who know more. It appears to be
     similiar to the errno=74 problem that someone I read had on AIX but I
     can not locate errno=132