ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:50:03
Howdy all,
I know this is a little off topic, but it is ADSM related. If anyone can
help me, or point me in a direction for this I would appreciate it.

Customer has 3494 Tape Library.  Wants to pass traps to a management
station.   Working from "Magstar 3494 Tape Library - SNMP Information,
1998" reference has done the following:-

    1. Selected all SNMP Trap types are to be monitored ( Commands ->
SNMP options -> Select SNMP trap types ) - See Pp. 2.

    2. Configured an SNMP Trap Destination ( Commands -> SNMP Options ->
Change SNMP trap destinations ) - See Pp. 3.

    3. Following instructions on Pp. 5 for "Sending TESTM Messages"
customer discovered that the "SNMP Options -> Send TESTM Trap" option
was grayed out/unavailable.

    4. Noted also that the "SNMP Options->Stop SNMP" option is grayed
out/unavailable.

Initially I suspected that the SNMPD daemon was not running but the
customer performed the verification indicated in the notes ( Pp. 5 -
Starting SNMP - Paragraph 2  i.e.. "Ctrl + Esc")  and the SNMPD daemon
was listed.

The customer has not been receiving traps at the management server end
and I suspect that there is something fundamentally screwy going on.