ADSM-L

Re: 3575 library bulk I/O

1998-10-26 13:18:26
Subject: Re: 3575 library bulk I/O
From: bbullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 11:18:26 -0700
  There are 2 things that you have to do to be able to use the bulk i/o
slots on the 3494 library. First, your CE will need to re-teach the library
so that it will know about the bulk I/O slots. You should then be able to
use the "checkout libvol ... rem=bulk"  command to have it use those slots.
You can find a note on it in the "Administrators Reference" (pg 79).

  Once you have the bulk I/O set up, you can also test it with this 'mtlib'
command : "mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -C -V A00001 -v -t FF11". (this would put
volume A00001 into the bulk I/O slots). The category for bulk I/O output is
FF11.

  This URL and it's links can help you decipher that mtlib command:

http://as400bks.rochester.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BookMgr.cmd/BOOKS/EZ30MC00
/5.6.2

Ben