ADSM-L

Re: ADSM MS/Exchange Agent Error

1998-08-27 09:15:45
Subject: Re: ADSM MS/Exchange Agent Error
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 09:15:45 -0400
Bruno,

For some reason, the Exchange Server is giving the
Exchange Agent a return code that it cannot interpret.

The first thing to try is running the backup with
Microsoft's bundled NT BACKUP program.
Does it fail too?
It may give an indication of what's going on.
Check the Event Log after running the NT BACKUP tool.

If that doesn't reveal anything, schedule a recycle
of the Exchange Server and retry the backup.
We have seen situations where the Exchange Server
sometimes forgets to release locks.

If that still fails, open a problem with IBM support
to properly debug this problem.

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM ADSM Agent Development