ADSM-L

Creating a "COMMAND" schedule

1998-07-11 23:52:00
Subject: Creating a "COMMAND" schedule
From: Shira Hayun <shira AT TLV.IEC.CO DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Date: Sunday, July 12, 1998 03:52 AM
>Hi all,
>
>Server: AIX 4.2.1 ; ADSM v3r1.0
>Client: Digital Unix (DEC) v2.0 ; ADSM v2.1.08
>
>The problem is as follow:
>
>I've created a schedule that runs a command. The command is a script
>that contain the following line:
>
>su - oracle -c "/oraback/oradsm/exp_full_daily"
>
>I have tried running the script under Unix - it works.
>
>When ADSM runs it - it doesn't execute the second script
>("/oraback/oradsm/exp_full_daily").
>I did not get any error messages from the operating system, however
ADSM
>writes in his log that the return code is 256.
>
>Any ideas Y ???
>
>Regards,
>Shira.

I've run into that.  AIX puts restrictions on scripts run "su root" for
security reasons.  First, the first line (if a C shell script) has to
be "#!/bin/csh -b".  ksh scripts should also begin similarly.  The -b
prevents the shell from interpreting script arguments as commands.
Second, make sure it does not have group or other write permission.