ADSM-L

Re: Restore to different name

1998-06-22 13:25:18
Subject: Re: Restore to different name
From: Lothar Guthmann <ltg AT GOME5.PHYSIK.UNI-BREMEN DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 19:25:18 +0200
Hi Kelly,

Kelly Root wrote:

> I want to restore a previous version of a file, but not overwrite the
> current file. How can I restore a file to same directory structure but with
> a different name? I am current on all versions of ADSM server and client.
>
> --MAA20782.898024060/scv3.apple.com--

use "Restore by directory tree..." in the GUI (AIX at least), select a file
you
want to restore (don't forget to set "Show active and inactive files" under
the "View" menu), click on restore, then you should see a box in which you
can chose among several other things the new location / new name of the
file.

Hope this helps,
                  Lothar