ADSM-L

AW: Automatic notification on NT

1998-02-20 03:56:36
Subject: AW: Automatic notification on NT
From: Michael Bartl <michael.bartl AT ZENTRALE.ADAC DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 09:56:36 +0100
Riccardo,
there are two different versions of sendmail available on NT.
The SMTP-Version works similar to the Unix-sendmail. It can get
executed by anyone and uses standard mail address (user AT xxx.yyy DOT zzz)
The MAPI-Version makes use of the locally installed exchange-client
and must have access to a valid exchange profile to send mails. You can
send mail to all addresses that can be uniquely determined by the alias
name of exchange. Disadvantage of the MAPI-version is that there are
always some addresses you cannot use when another ID or exchange-group
starts with the same string (like user "abcma" and group
"abc-management"). Great advantage on the other side is that the
MAPI-version can send attachments using the native exchange format.

You can try out both versions and decide which one suits better.
Unfortunately I can't remember where I found both versions. Try to
search the internet and browse the reskit-cdrom for sendmail.exe. There
were no copyright notices in both applications.

Regards,
Michael
--
Michael H. Bartl