ADSM-L

backing up oracle data bases live

1998-02-10 17:25:16
Subject: backing up oracle data bases live
From: "T. R. Rhodes" <TRR AT INEL DOT GOV>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 16:25:16 MDT
      ID TRR  MS 2604
      208-526-9903

 We are trying to backup an oracle data base live by using the oracle
 alter tablespace table.space.name begin backup

 After this oracle command has been given then we issue the adsm command to
backup the table space.  This works as along as no update action is being done,
 however if the table space is being updated while the backup is being done
 then we get the table space is being changed and the backup is skipped.

 Has anyone tried this and can you till me why after the begin backup command
 issued that oracle will continue to change the table space

 Thanks in advance for any help.

tuner of the OMEGA SERVER
LMITC
mail trr AT inel DOT gov