ADSM-L

Reclaim with on tape transport

1998-02-06 05:41:00
Subject: Reclaim with on tape transport
From: Curtis J. Pogue <cpogue AT pcisys DOT net>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Friday, February 06, 1998 10:41 AM
I put a message on this list a while back about needing to reclaim when I
only have a single tape transport in my 3570.  Thanks to all who told me
how to do it using my AS/400's DASD.

Here's my latest problem.  We can only spare one gig of DASD and our tapes
are five gig.  I did the process of MOVE DATA and it worked until the DASD
pool filled up and then it stopped.  Then automatic migration kicked in and
migrated out of DASD to a new tape.  Then I did another MOVE DATA on the
same tape to get the rest of it.  I don't have the room to add another four
gig.  Is there any other way I can do this automatically?

TIA