ADSM-L

V2 R1 L0.5 NT client existing in an OS/2 Lan Server Domain..This is a weird one

1998-01-08 14:27:10
Subject: V2 R1 L0.5 NT client existing in an OS/2 Lan Server Domain..This is a weird one
From: "Robert A. Burdick" <rburdick AT METLIFE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 14:27:10 -0500
Robert A. Burdick@METLIFE
01/08/98 02:27 PM

Hi Everyone :)
There is on our network an NT 3.5.1 Server with SP5 running in an OS/2
token ring network.
The machine is binding NetBios and IP to a single 16/4 auto.This particular
network enters our wide area through a local bridge and router. The
machines on this network work very hard hence the insertion of the NT box.
The OS/2 systems get along fine with this machine and there are no
notivcable performance issues due to it's presence on the network.
The existance of the bridge however, is making for some huge performance
dips when running backup routines. Has anyone EVER <yeah sure> had a poor
performance issue with a bridged TR network and ADSM? Please shoot a note
back with some divine words which can make my weekend more enjoyable...
Regards,
Robert