ADSM-L

Re: BackupExec and ADSM

1997-12-23 04:12:41
Subject: Re: BackupExec and ADSM
From: "Boireau, Eric (MED-Cap Gemini)" <BOIREER AT EUROMSX.GEMSE DOT FR>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 10:12:41 +0100
Hi,
We used ADSM and BackupExec V7.0. In fact every body that I have contact
about this, used this configuration between BENT & ADSM to backup NT
server with specific application like (Microsoft Exchange, our case)
that ADSM can't backup (Hot Backup).
The ADSM server is seen as an autoloader for BENT.
Be careful with the autoloader that you used with ADSM. The tape
rotation is not easy to manage with the ADSM Module. We have to keep in
the ADSM Autoloader all the Primary Tape used for BENT (We used specific
Disk Storage Pool and Tape Storage Pool). Because before doing a backup
in "append mode", a tape is scan, that take some time.