ADSM-L

Re: problems backing up files

1997-12-02 12:07:41
Subject: Re: problems backing up files
From: Daniel Thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 11:07:41 -0600
Vicki,

  The version 2 ADSM clients on NT have had some problems processing files
with unusual names.  You might see if the new V3 clients can handle it.  V3
is supposed to not stop a backup when it hits a file it cannot handle, so
at least you will complete your backups on those filespaces.

Good luck,
 dt

----------
> From: Vicki <vhill AT TRIB DOT COM>
> From: Vicki <vhill AT TRIB DOT COM>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Subject: problems backing up files
> Date: Tuesday, December 02, 1997 9:28 AM
>
> We are using ADSM to backup a number of pc's.  We are using the
scheduler.
> Some of our personal computer software has filenames which contain ascii
> characters.   The programmers thought this would be a clever way to
prevent
> users from accidently deleting the files.  When ADSM gets to these files
it
> claims it cannot find the file.  Also we are experiencing lockups when
ADSM