ADSM-L

excluding dir names with dots in them

1997-09-23 14:30:43
Subject: excluding dir names with dots in them
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 14:30:43 -0400
Hi All,

     I am having a problem excluding the directory /root.b and all of it's
files from incremental backups.  In the client include-exclude file, I
have tried:

/root.b
/.../root.b/.../
/root.b/*
/root\.b

and none of these have any effect.  I think the problem is the "." in the
directory name, and that it needs to be escaped.

Any ideas?  The client is Solaris 2.5.1 with client version:

Command Line Backup Client Interface - Version 2, Release 1, Level 0.7

Thanks,

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,