ADSM-L

Re: ADSM on SP - restores at 9MB a MINUTE!

1997-08-05 16:30:37
Subject: Re: ADSM on SP - restores at 9MB a MINUTE!
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 15:30:37 -0500
Barbara, we have an SP frame with several nodes running SAP; with
tuning, I've got the backup (allright, archive) running at 20 GB per
hour over the SP switch (also a TB3). I haven't had to do a restore in
this environment. But - one of our environments is about 12 GB, and
we're backing it up (archiving) over 10 Mb ethernet at 3.6 GB per hour.
It restores at the same rate (66 MHz thin node, SSA disk; ADSM server is
a 77 MHz wide node, dedicated, with one 3590 B11).

Are you doing client-side compression/decompression? If not, I'd have to
think the disk interface is the bottleneck.

Tom Kauffman
Sr. Technical Advisor
NIBCO, Inc