ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:08:07
Hello Christoph;

   We run Informix on IBM-AIX and backup to ADSM.  The IBM
people wrote an interface called ADSMpipe for their servers.  I
don't know if they have something similar for HP.  The Informix
database dumps the data to ADSMpipe which then starts an
ADSM session to write to the stgpool.

   Our DBA recommended talking to the Informix representative to
get an interface.  Version 8 includes ADSM support and they have
a few add ons that can help with earlier versions.

        -Bob-

>>> Christoph Martin <martin AT UNI-MAINZ DOT DE> 05/23/97 07:10am

Hi all,

who knows, how we can backup our Informix Online 7.21 Database
to our
ADSM Server. Both systems are running under HP-UX 10.20. I read
something about a utility on-bar from Informix. But I could find no
pointer to it in the Informix dokumentation. What do I need on
Informix and ADSM side?

Christoph

Christoph Martin, Uni-Mainz, Germany
 Internet-Mail:  Christoph.Martin AT Uni-Mainz DOT DE
--MimeMultipartBoundary--