ADSM-L

Moving the DB

1996-10-02 08:29:41
Subject: Moving the DB
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 08:29:41 -0400
Date:     October 2, 1996            Time:    07:14
From:    Jerry Lawson
    ITT Hartford Insurance Group
    (860) 547-2960    jlawson AT itthartford DOT com
As I have mentioned in here previously, I will be moving my MVS server soon.
As I have mentioned in here previously, I will be moving my MVS server soon.
I had planned on doing it via a backup and restore process, but have been
somewhat concerned about the times mentioned for reloadinging the DB lately.
Since I have the option of being able to get a static backup, will the
following scenario work:

1.  Halt ADSM

2.  Backup the DB with a regular backup product, such as FDR or DSS.

3.  Restore the DB to the new MVS image.

All DASD pools will be drained prior to ADSM being halted.

Does anyone have any experience or opinions on this suggestion?   Obviously,
this is not a scenario that will work for a regular DB backup, but since I
have some latitude here, this might be an option to save time overall.
Jerry Lawson