ADSM-L

Re: Files that can't be back-upped by ADSM

1996-09-12 12:05:35
Subject: Re: Files that can't be back-upped by ADSM
From: Barry Fruchtman <bf AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 09:05:35 -0700
 The problem is that the LPT files were created by attempting
to print by copying a file to LPT1:.  At the time this was
done the printer driver wasn't installed so OS/2 created a
file by that name instead.  That wouldn't be so bad, but
when the printer driver was installed, that file became
inaccessible as it conflicts with the system device that's
now valid.  With the printer driver enabled, the \DEV\
is automatically prepended to the name by OS/2.  To get
rid of the file, edit your CONFIG.SYS file and comment
out the DEVICE=.....\PRINT01.SYS ( or \PRINT02.SYS),
reboot and delete or rename the file.

Barry Fruchtman
ADSM Development