ADSM-L

ADSM v2 performance

1996-04-04 19:03:28
Subject: ADSM v2 performance
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 19:03:28 EST
Has anyone else noticed any performance degradation in migrating from
ADSM/6000 v1 to v2?  We just migrated from 1.2.0.9 to 2.1.0.4, and we
now find that our Inventory Expiration processes are taking MUCH longer
than they used to.  They are taking 15 hours, where they used to take 3-5
hours.  Naturally we are very concerned about this, as it impacts performance
for other server activity.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.  We have already tried
doubling the values for TXNGROUPMAX, and MOVEBATCH...

..Paul

Paul Zarnowski                     Phone:   607/255-4757
Cornell Information Technologies   Fax:     607/255-6523
Cornell University                 US Mail: 315 CCC, Ithaca, NY 14853-2601