ADSM-L

OS/2 Client start from CONFIG.SYS RUN= statement

1996-03-26 09:57:00
Subject: OS/2 Client start from CONFIG.SYS RUN= statement
From: "Jon C. Austin" <TSSJCA AT SYSA.ADM.DUKE DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 09:57:00 EST
Question,

    I automating some OS/2 boxes, and I want to move anything that
doesn't require monitoring into detached processes. In this case,
I want to include the DSMC SCHEDULE client.

Question: OS/2 Command Ref states:

   Because RUN programs are started before the initialization of
   the user interface and disk error handling, the program must
   prevent the operating system from performing disk handling and
   perform its own.

Does this exclude the DSMC.EXE from being started with a CONFIG.SYS
RUN= statement?...

|  Jon Austin                             TSSJCA AT SYSA.ADM.DUKE DOT EDU   |
|  Systems Programmer,                                               |
|  OIT Systems Administration Group                                  |
|  412 North Building, Box 90132                                     |
|  Duke University                           phone   (919)660-7024   |
|  Durham, NC  27708-0132                    fax     (919)660-7029   |
|               Duke University: Birthplace of 'USENET'              |