ADSM-L

Re: ADSM 2.1 install corrupts AIX file !

1996-03-07 09:46:31
Subject: Re: ADSM 2.1 install corrupts AIX file !
From: "Barry T. Hill" <bhill AT JALAPENO DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 08:46:31 -0600
We had the same thing happen.  I did not know at first what caused it.  =
After installing AIX, I could not mount any filesystems.  Another =
indicator of the problem was a message during IPL "0506-511 Filesystem =
helper unknown vfs".

Support was able to FAX me the entries for the vfs file.  I still did =
not know that ADSM had caused the corruption of the file.  Later we had =
to re-install ADSM, and the file was again corrupted.

Your right, IBM should warn customers to backup the vfs file before =
installation.

Barry Hill
Medical Center Hospital
Odessa, TX