ADSM-L

OS/2 CLient Spits the Dummy on unlabelled drives

1995-07-24 17:18:00
Subject: OS/2 CLient Spits the Dummy on unlabelled drives
From: Hamish Marson <HAMISH AT WAIKATO.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 1995 09:18:00 +1200
When trying to backup an OS/2 client the other day, I noticed, that although the
piece of code that displays your drives mounted on the client is quite good, and
gets non-existant drive labels correct (ie leaves them blank), when attempting
to backup the drive, the OS/2 client spits the dummy, with and error message
about drive <insert unreadable garbage here>.

Simple fix is to either not select the drive (not so useful) or label the drive,
but I feel that the client should possibly be a little more robust about drive
naming.... Especially since a lot of potential users are likely to have this
problem, and know not how to fix it...

Hamish Marson, Computer Services, University of Waikato|
hamish AT waikato.ac DOT nz.  Fax +64 7 8384066               | Computers are
only
Disclaimer: Remember. You heard it here first!         |   Human.....

Jesus died for your sins.  Make it worth his time.