ADSM-L

Node Names for Unix Clients

1995-05-18 14:14:17
Subject: Node Names for Unix Clients
From: Bob Klein <KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 18 May 1995 14:14:17 EDT
The documention for Unix client options says that the nodename
parameter can be used only to request services for a node other
than the one on which you are issuing adsm client commands.  We
would like to be able to use as a node name for our Unix clients,
a name other than the one returned by the hostname command, to
conform with other naming conventions we have.  Are there any
plans to provide an option for Unix clients to use an arbitrary
nodename for themselves rather than the value returned by
the hostname command?

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607