ADSM-L

Tape questions

1995-05-05 15:57:16
Subject: Tape questions
From: Ron Ritchey <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 1995 14:57:16 CDT
Is it better to use ADSM's tape pool or scratch pools? We have VMTAPE
and allow it to handle most of our tapes in scratch pools.

It looks like we can get about 180Mb of decompressed data on a
3480 cartridge. Is that correct?

Can we archive one of our file servers to tape and take those tapes
off site. Bring in a second set of tapes and archive to them the
next week. Take them off site and bring back the first tapes for the
next week?

Can you setup a DASD storage pool so that you can archive to it and then
migrate all the files to tape when the backup has completed?