ADSM-L

Need some planning help

1995-02-14 13:34:41
Subject: Need some planning help
From: Dave Re <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 13:34:41 EST
     Hi all.

     I need some help from those of you who have experience with ADSM
on the AIX platform, specifically RS/6000s. What I'm primarily interested
in are performance and machine size issues. The best information you could
send to me is the configuration of your RS/6000, the amount of data that you
back up, what kind of tape device(s) you use, the size of your tape pool,
and an evaluation on how well you think this configuration handles your
load.

     From our standpoint, we will probably be backing up between 300 and
500 machines, if the program gets rolling, and our testing on our VM
platform seems to suggest that most of the machines will average 500 Mb
each.

     Thanks in advance!!

--
Dave Re                   º "There's nothing to do when I get out!
Dave Re                   º "There's nothing to do when I get out!