ADSM-L

Window Client restore problem

1994-11-11 13:16:53
Subject: Window Client restore problem
From: Bill Hunter <BHUNTER AT UA1VM.UA DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 1994 12:16:53 CST
Hello, I'm just beginning to play around with the Windows client.  I ordered
IP20197 and have it installed.  What I'm seeing is that when I click on ADSM
the 3 "Restore by ..." selections on the menu are "grayed out".

The first incremental backup I did (earlier this week before ordering IP20197)
seemed to go ok.  I was able to delete a subdirectory (that I had a backup of
via other methods) and restore it successfully.

I did my second incremental backup after installing IP20197 and some more
software (Microsoft Office).  During this backup, I had stepped out of my
office for a minute.  Upon return my PC was sitting at the "C:" prompt.  I
have no idea what happened there but after firing Windows back up and
doing another incremental backup, it appeared to complete OK.

Any suggestions/comments on (1) why the restore selections are "grayed" out
and (2) why windows got blown away during a incremental backup would be
appreciated...

Thanks, Bill Hunter, The U. of Alabama