ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:24:30
From: Lutz Hamann (Systemprogrammer VM)
......Company: Treuhandanstalt Berlin   Phone: +49 30 3154 4515
......E-mail:  IBMMAIL---DEV2PW99       Internet---DEV2PW999ibmmail.com
Betreff: VM or MVS ... that's the question

  Dear networkers,

we're thinking about a central backup/retrieval service for our environment
and I follow with great interest the discussion of this list. We have about
50 TokenRings (local and remote) with Novell/Netware and some RS6K's.

On our 9021 (with PR/SM feature) we drive a MVS/ESA and a VM/ESA. That's why
my question: where to implement the ADSM-server ? In MVS/ESA we use HSM for
storage-management, in VM/ESA we have the beautifull VMBACKUP (yes, I love it).

Personally I tend to install ADSM in VM, because I think that MVS should do
a good job for DB2- and CICS-applications but nothing else. VM I'd like to
use as a mainframe-server-system. But maybe that's a question of religion ...

Are there any expiriences about ADSM-installations in VM and MVS ? Where are
the differences ? Where are the benefit ?

   thanx in advance

                          ciao  Lutz